HDFC Bank Ltd., today announced the launch of “MoohBandRakho,” a campaign to increase awareness on cyber frauds and preventing them. The Bank will be conducting 1,000 workshops in the next 4 months across the country.
Following simple steps such as not sharing card details, CVV, Expiry Date, OTP NetBanking/MobileBanking Login ID & Password over Phone, SMS, email and social media can help general public keep their money safe. This campaign will talk about this and more.
It supports the International Fraud Awareness Week 2020, the global movement to minimise impact of fraud which is being held from November 15 – 21. This is the 2nd year HDFC Bank is participating in this. The “MoohBandRakho” campaign was initially launched by the Bank to fight COVID 19 and it has now been extended to fighting cyber fraud. For more information, click here.
At a virtual event organised today, the “MoohBandRakho” campaign was launched by Retd. Lt General Dr Rajesh Pant, National Cyber Security Co-ordinator, Government of India and Jimmy Tata, Chief Risk Officer, HDFC Bank.
Secure Banking tips:
• Do not share PIN, passwords, bank details with anyone.
• Keep your bank informed when you change your address, contact number or email ID.
• An HDFC Bank representative will call you if any suspicious transaction is noticed in your account / card. The bank will call from phone number – 61607475.
• Always save your regional phone banking number on your contacts list, which will help in case of emergencies when your card is lost or stolen or you get a suspicious transaction alert. You can call 61606161 or on toll free number – 18002586161 to reach HDFC Bank’s Phone Banking.
• Do not conduct banking transactions from your mobile, tablet, laptop, when it is connected to public / free Wi-Fi, which is open and therefore unsecured.