84% of Indian respondents say security concerns restrict their organization’s adoption of public cloud
Barracuda, a trusted partner and leading provider of cloud-enabled security solutions, today released key findings from a report titled ‘Future shock: the cloud is the new network’. Commissioned by Barracuda, the research surveyed APAC, EMEA and US based IT decision makers to capture their experiences with and attitudes about moving infrastructure to the public cloud, concerns restricting adoption, and the security and networking solutions being implemented to overcome them.
The survey includes individual contributors, and team managers with responsibility for or knowledge of their organization’s cloud infrastructure. They came from organizations of all sizes and across a broad range of sectors.
Overall, the study indicates that while adoption rates for public cloud continue to grow, security is still the number one roadblock, which is understandable considering the volume and variety of threats organizations face today.
Highlights from the report include:
Organizations are moving infrastructure to public cloud
- On average, organizations currently have 57% of IT infrastructure running in the public cloud
- Respondents expect to see an estimated 74% of IT infrastructure running in the public cloud in five years, while APAC Organizations currently are at 46% and expect an estimate of 73%
Security is the No. 1 concern restricting faster adoption of public cloud.
- 84% of respondents say security concerns restrict their organization’s adoption of public cloud
- Security concerns include the security of public cloud infrastructure, the impact of cyber-attacks, and the security of applications deployed in public cloud
Integrations/network is the No. 2 concern with public cloud adoption.
- Concerns include integrating public cloud with legacy technologies, better integration with private cloud, and enhanced integration with on-premises infrastructure
Secure software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) fully integrated into public cloud is the solution of choice
- 38% of respondents have already deployed SD-WAN, with another 41% either in the process of deploying or expecting to deploy within the next 12 months
- SD-WAN is being used by more than half of those who have added security to their public cloud
- In APAC region only 26% have deployed SD-WAN and 34% are in the process of deploying SD-WAN
As more IT infrastructure moves to public cloud, cloud providers will offer more native network capabilities, and public cloud will expand to include more network functionality. The vast majority of organizations need their security vendors to offer advanced security and cloud connectivity tightly integrated with the major cloud platforms.
If you have an interesting article / experience / case study to share, please get in touch with us at [email protected]