eGovWatch: Digital aspect of Union Budget 2015: Key Highlights
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented union Budget 2015 today in Lok Sabha with a special focus on Prime Minister ‘s ambitious Digital India programme.
An overall sum of Rs 2,510 crore has been set aside in the budget for 2015-16 under the head “Digital India Programme and Telecommunications and Electronic Industries”.
Digital India is a Rs 1.13-lakh crore government initiative that seeks to transform the country into a connected economy, attract investment in electronics manufacturing, and create millions of jobs and support trade.
However, no mention was made on Saturday of the ambitious smart cities project, which had a budgetary allotment of Rs 7,000 crore last year.
Here are the announcements that were made with a focus on Digital India Programme:
- Finance Minister concludes his speech on Budget 2015 in Lok Sabha
- Reduced taxes on Technical Services to 10% from 25%, says FM
- Postal offices will function as payment banks to contribute to Jan Dhan Yojana, says FM
- Govt proposes to incentivise debit-credit card transactions, says FM
- Make In India policy for self sufficiency in defense sector with an allocation 2.46 lakh crores, says FM
- Propose to set-up an IT based student financial aid system under the PM Vidya Laxmi scheme
- Measures will be put in place to make India a cashless society, says FM
- Initial sum of Rs 150 Cr to create world class IT hub to take advantage of our competitiveness, says FM
- Government to bring a Comprehensive Bankruptcy code for the ease of doing business by 2015-16, says FM
- GST to be put in place by April 1, 2016, says Arun Jaitley
- Jan Dhan, Aadhaar, mobile trinity will allow us to target benefits in leakage proof manner, says FM
- Aim to make India a manufacturing hub through Make In India, says FM
- In terms of Communication, Rural-Urban divide is no longer acceptable, says FM
- JAM- Jan Dhan, Aadhaar, Mobile & GST are two game changing reforms, says FM
- Objective is to improve quality of life and to pass benefits to common man, says FM
- FM Arun Jaitely begins Budget2015 speech in Lok Sabha
- Union Cabinet approves Union Budget 2015
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaches Parliament
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to present Union Budget 2015 at 11 AM toda
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley arrives at Parliament to present Budget 2015
If you have an interesting article / experience / case study to share, please get in touch with us at [email protected]