- This event has passed.
IBM Runtimes for Business : Clearing the fog around Java runtime costs | 27 November 2019
November 27, 2019| 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday, November 27, 2019 | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM IST
OpenJDK and IBM Runtimes for Business
By now you may have already been exposed to the furore surrounding the escalating Java cost by incumbent vendors. If not, we would encourage you to review your IT spends to identify such unplanned increases in spends. One of the prime causes for this cost escalation could be with Java usage.
Java is a software, that has open source Java Runtime Environment (JRE) as well as vendor owned environments. While you do need enterprise-grade support for areas like defects, you should not have to pay for security patch upgrades if you adopt open source. Vendors that have traditionally opened sourced their runtimes for usage have now begun monetizing it.
OpenJDK (Open Java Development Kit) is a free and open-source implementation of the Java programming language. IBM Runtimes for Business offers a viable alternative for organizations to rationalize their Java costs while also offering enhanced performance and support.
IBM Runtimes for business provides you with more flexible terms for support coverage and saves you significant unnecessary licensing costs with a significantly lower TCO.
Register for this webinar to address your concerns around using IBM Runtimes for Business as a viable option:
- As a development organization with a variety of enterprise applications, how should I determine what Java I have, and how should I evaluate which instances need support for security updates?
- What considerations do I need to address when migrating from Oracle Java to AdoptOpenJDK?
- Do I need IBM Runtimes for Business for IBM products that embed a Java runtime?
- Is electronic problem submission and voice problem submission included?
- Will I be charged just for installing OpenJDK on my work laptop?
- Do I have to pay for support for every installation of my Java runtime environment?
- Do I need to pay for support for every single instance of my OpenJDK runtime?
- Can I get security patches and updates for OpenJDK runtimes that aren’t under a support contract?
- Will I continue to get free security updates for my Java runtime environment?
Date: 27th November 2019
Time: 11:00 IST
Speakers: Murali K Veeravalli, Offering Manager, Application Platform and Runtimes IBM
If you have an interesting article / experience / case study to share, please get in touch with us at [email protected]