By Shriram Pore, Vice President – Engineering, MSys Technologies
Well let us start with how does digital transformation and cloud relate with each other? Well to put in layman’s terms, cloud computing is an essential component of digital transformation. It enables companies to build, deploy, and manage applications more quickly in the cloud. It also allows them to experiment with new ideas and gain new insights on customer and market demands.
So, won’t these business applications if they are purpose-built to run in the cloud, which can leverage cloud’s unique characteristics, and adapt to dynamic cloud environments be most apt to go with? Arguably yes, and such applications are called as Cloud-native applications or to be put precisely built on Cloud-native Architecture.
Cloud-native architecture offers you incredible capabilities that go beyond digital transformation. It empowers your business to achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction by delivering superior experiences to your target audience.
Embrace cloud-native architecture to revolutionize your business. It’s more than just adopting new technologies—it’s a transformative journey that delivers exceptional customer experiences, drives profitability, and ensures long-term success. Industry experts project that by 2025, 85% of organizations will have embraced cloud networks. Don’t miss out on the power of the cloud. Make cloud-native architecture a necessity for your business.
Cloud-native Architecture: Enabling Digital Transformation
When it comes to enabling digital transformation, cloud-native architecture plays a pivotal role. It allows you to reimagine your entire business, from processes to functions to workloads, in a digital realm. This transformation is crucial for organizations across various industries, regardless of their product categories or service domains. With over 95% of workloads expected to migrate to the cloud by 2025, the relevance of adopting cloud architecture becomes even more prominent.
So, what makes cloud-native architecture essential for enabling digital transformation? Let’s delve into its major characteristics that make it an indispensable tool:
1) Agility and Scalability: Cloud-native architecture breaks large applications into microservices, enabling real-time changes and seamless scalability. It ensures a smooth user experience regardless of demand and supply fluctuations, allowing organizations to stay updated with evolving customer needs. This capability is crucial for enhancing offerings and staying competitive in the market.
2) Resilience and cost-efficiency: System downtime must be avoided as it can harm both efficiency and an organization’s image. To avoid downtime, firms should have resilience and a proper backup mechanism to get through any contingency. The cloud-native architecture uses the modular approach which helps avoid a complete shutdown in case one component in a system fails. This modular property keeps the systems up and running most of the time and helps firms offer reliable, connected, and always-on services to customers. The use of Cloud-native architecture also helps firms optimally utilize their resources by paying only for the services they use. In contrast to the on-premise approach that consumes substantial resources and often leads to overprovisioning and underutilization, cloud architecture allows organisations to allocate money and better manage their return on investment strategically.
3) Faster Innovation and Market Launch: The raft of new-age technologies offered by cloud platforms can play a crucial role in spurring innovation and faster product launches in the market. The iterative technology coupled with the agility and flexibility of cloud architecture makes sure that teams ideate better, experiment faster, and implement swiftly for leveraging emerging market opportunities better than their rivals. The approach of dividing the larger functions into smaller, manageable micro-services also help in the continuous delivery of new propositions in the market. This, in turn, helps the company to stay ahead of the innovation curve and deliver desired business performance.
4) Superior Safety and Security: Cloud-native architecture comes equipped with superior safety and security credentials that make sure that firms stay safe from data breaches, information thefts, and allied attacks. Powered by new-age firewalls, superior malware and firmware detection and protection, and advanced data safety and security controls, cloud networks work proactively and make sure that the risks are encountered well before they breach and pose any threat to systems or networks.
5) Team Empowerment: Cloud-native architecture promotes collaboration by enabling concurrent work on multiple microservices. It facilitates real-time information exchange, fostering team spirit, engagement, and positive workplace relationships. This architecture also encourages coordination between teams, breaking down silos and creating an environment conducive to innovation.
6) Remove App Dependencies
Cloud-native architecture enables app development without relying on other applications. This means development teams can create and release apps individually without the complexity and expenses associated with deploying all system assets simultaneously.
7) Decrease Vendor Lock-in
Cloud-native services are often built on open-source code or standards-based technology. This makes it easier to move and switch between different solutions as business needs evolve or alternative vendor options become available.
Cloud-native architecture is a game-changer for exponential growth. With its exceptional capabilities, such as scalability, flexibility, and innovation orientation, companies can significantly boost their profitability, achieve higher cost savings, and realize better work efficiency. Cloud Architecture is also crucial for embracing digital transformation, and by accelerating new inventions and delivering superior experiences, the approach can become instrumental in helping companies to expand their presence to new territories and achieve more market share among the existing groups of customers. In all, cloud-native architecture is a revolution you can’t afford to miss, especially if you want to lead the segment and emerge as a force to be reckoned with.