- This event has passed.
Preparing for the next normal in manufacturing | 30th September 2020
September 30| 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
As the impact of Covid 19 intensifies, manufacturers are facing downward pressure on demand, production and revenues. While other sectors have tried to work around the Covid 19 crisis by having a majority of their staff work from home, this is not possible for the manufacturing sector. The manufacturing sector particularly remains vulnerable as the majority of its workforce is employed in on-site jobs that cannot be done remotely. Additionally, given the nature of the industry, it is imperative for manufacturers to create social distancing in workplaces that have been traditionally dense.
While this is the new reality, there is also a huge room for opportunity, as the manufacturing sector can use this crisis to focus on solutions that help them address this crisis. Technology can help manufacturers to help in coming back to normalcy through solutions that track employee health, enforce safe distancing on the shop floor and has support for remote collaboration.
To better understand the preparedness of the industry, we are conducting a roundtable that we are co-hosting with HPE and Intel. This will have the perspectives of top technology thought leaders such as yourself on how the manufacturing sector can prepare themselves for the next normal in manufacturing.
Some of the key topics that will be covered include:
- Implementing social distancing tracking and tracing
- Facilitating touchless entry with thermal screening solutions for detecting fever
- Best practices for better protecting remote workers
- Using virtual desktop solutions for enhancing productivity and securing access for remote workers
- Nilotpal Kumar Dutta, Director, India – Manufacturing and Distribution Industry, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
- Ganesh Iyer, Strategic Pursuit Lead – MDI, PointNext Services, HPE
- Vinay Morje, AVP – Business IT, Grasim Industries
- Manoj Gautam, VP – IT, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Pranab Kumar Mishra, Chief – Information Technology, Tata Steel
- Shantanu Chatterjee, Global Head – Digital, UPL
- V Nagarajan, Head – IT Infrastructure, Britannia Industries
- Keyur Desai, CIO, Essar Ports & Shipping
If you have an interesting article / experience / case study to share, please get in touch with us at [email protected]